Here are a few snap shots taken with my iphone from my visit to London last week. Considering I was born in London and lived there for over 18 years, I can't help but feel like tourist as our visits are so few!
Monday, 26 March 2012
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Monday, 19 March 2012
Thursday, 15 March 2012
L has decided that she is too old (age seven) to have a pink room (her colour choice four years ago). We are looking at muted colours and are planning a lighter version of Farrow and Balls Brassica. We are not intending of painting this room anytime soon, as we are busy trying to sort out our spare room for my sister coming to visit in 5 weeks time.
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Monday, 12 March 2012
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Thursday, 8 March 2012
Even though this took a little more time than I expected, I loved doing this, thank you, http://a-bushelandapeck.blogspot.com/ for tagging me in!
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged!
11 things about me!
I was born in London. Got married at 25!
Prefer snacking on fruit rather than vegetables.
A collector of magazine cuttings (this drives my husband crazy)!
My favourite footwear since having children are converse.
My favourite waste of time is listeningto music/searching out new music.
The last film I watched at the cinema was The descendants.
I am rubbish at gardening, but like buying plants!
My grandmother (Mum) brought me up.
I find life too fast.
My friends have always been family to me.
I simply cannot watch scary films.
Questions I was asked;
- What is your greatest ambition? To make a difference. Not sure how?
- What is your signature dish? Chicken Balti
- How do you drink your coffee? No coffee for me, never liked the taste, hot water or green tea (sounds really healthy, but I have a weakness for chocolate).
- What is your favourite ever holiday? Horsington, last summer with a lovely groups of friends-you know who you are!
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done? Having a baby!
- What was the first record you bought? Rapture by Blondie
- Who inspires you? Selfless people, I guess I like to kick against all the hype and find ordinary people doing ex-ordinary things challenging, moving and inspiring. (Also photographer B W Ferry)
- If you could stand up for one cause, what would it be? Human Rights, broad I know, but a difficult question to narrow down.
- Which colour makes you happy? Lots of colours, but I love grey the most, to wear, on the walls, and ceramics.
- What, if anything, have you given up for lent? What I consume, being aware of what I eat, spend and electricity I am using.
- Where would you go right now, if you could click your fingers and be there? Paris for the romance, NYC for the atmosphere, Portland for the creatives out there!
My questions to others;
1. What does home mean to you?
2. What is your favourite smell?
*3. List five women that have influenced you?
4. What is the one thing you would rather not do?
5. What music are you currently listening to?
6. What is most memorable childhood experience/event?
7. What was the best advice that you have been given?
*8. Who do you have a girl crush on?
9. What would your perfect weekend consist of?
10. Three places you would most like to visit?
11. What is your biggest daydream?
I would like to tag the following blogs; Wolves at my Door; Mrs Cheese makes lovely things; Harmony and Rose; A Mouse House; Tracey English;
*Questions 3 and 8 are in the light of today being International Woman's Day, remembering women around the world, those we have lost, those that make a difference.