Wednesday 26 October 2011

Five Minutes

The thing about half term is finding that precious five minutes when your thoughts are free to wonder without interruptions.  Five minutes to lose yourself in a memory, a photo or song.  I have been going to bed late this week in order to have an 'evening', so with tiredness brings emotion.  So when one of my dear friends visited from London today, I felt so sad to say goodbye.  I love the years that build up with friendships, for me my friends that I made in my early twenties feel so valuable.  This shot was taken in five minutes, a fair task as I grabbed things to put in and arrange it, this song over and over in my head, this memory the first time L & D came to our house for dinner.
My harbor has a boat in it BY Benjamin Francis Leftwich

The water makes its way around it,
When the sun shines down the hills, 
winds blow
I miss you more
You said I'm young, but I'm yours
I am free, but I am flawed
I'm here in your heart
I was here from the start

1 comment:

  1. oh to have time to ponder and to let thoughts wander..quite an achievement in a house of kids on a rainy half term day! Its a goeggous photo, you are so good at composition, I love how it says so much with so few pieces in it. Love the lyrics too, just listened to him on u tube, he's got such a sweet dreamy voice. I got your print this morning, thankyou so much, I am most pleased and it has further heightened my love of letterpress and desperate need to get a printing press. I did a little post about it today.
    Thanks again, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you x