Thursday 28 June 2012

Self Promotion


I took these shots of L over the weekend, it sums up how I feel about selling my photographic prints.  Nervous and excited.  We have been talking about about conflicting emotions that confuse us.  L is leaving her infants school to go up to Juniors, a different site so not very familiar.  She is both excited but sad (as she loves her infants school and being in yr2 she is one of the oldest, but at Juniors will be a younger one again)!  So as you can imagine emotions are all over the place in our home.  Going back to selling my prints, I feel that the images online do not feel as special as to seeing them firsthand.  Also I am not the best at self promotion, which surprises my friends as I am usually the glue, chatty one, hunter/gather of friends, and initiating things like WI, street parties and camping weekends!  But this is way too personal.  Prints are ready to show, but I need to be brave.

9 comments:

  1. Yes please we are all looking forward to seeing them! i am a terrible self publisist, I have never really been able to push my work, and it is definately harder the second time around as I took a big break when the kids were little and then started up again.
    I feel better and more confident about it now but need to get more commercial work to stay afloat!
    Let us know where and when we can take a peep, i know they will be stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is defiantly weird second time around. Thanks so much Tracey x

      Delete
  2. You know, sometimes in the roasting summer when i get to the sea i put my feet in the water and it takes me ages to jump in. And i know it will only be cold for 1 second but it takes me so long to make the move. Going back to your case, just do your first step and the rest will naturally follow! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare to bare! Its a common thing that the artists themselves are not the best at selling their work. Its so personal to show something you have created but you just have to decide to do it then release them into the world! Good luck, look forward to seeing them x (and I'm a big hypocrite..I still haven't sold any of my wares yet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good reminder, thank you, you and me both! Dxx

      Delete
  4. Thank you, plucking up the courage! Dx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you x