Monday 7 January 2013

Brighton Marina









Yesterday afternoon we joined our friends whom live opposite to take our little ones for a walk along the marina.  It was foggy and grey but loved being outdoors and somewhere different.  The girls enjoyed watching the those fishing and looking out for boats.  A lot of time was spent reading out the names of boats and making up names if they had a boat....It got rather silly!
Day 7 of one word count 365, after the lovely inspiring comments, I have adapted my original word to 'simplify' thanks to Claire at Thriftwood.  I felt constrained by organise, as this is not in my nature nor does it come naturally.  So I found that simplify, could be applied to the things that I want to change  this year, my possessions (still banging on about de-cluttering), my time, my fitness/diet, my dreams.  Love mediating on this word, as my world around me goes in to manic/overdrive mode, I feel slightly calmer, that my path and capacity need not be compared.  Keep it simple.

6 comments:

  1. Love the greys with a little bit of colour interest here and there, hope you are really well Dawn:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just left a New Year message for you, hope the sun is treating you well, it is still grey over in the UK, D xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! Simplify is an excellent choice if word- I definitely need some of that too. Hope you continue to enjoy your new calm. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi, Just about to start following you on twitter as you had me in stitches toilet paper not a patch on a bath towel.
      D xxx

      Delete
  3. I like it - keeping it simple is what it's all about, even if it is so difficult to achieve! looks like you had a wonderfully simple day by the sea, so you're managing it already! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, the best part is simplifying my own expectations that I put on myself to try to be everything and do everything.
      Thanks for the encouragement,
      D xxx

      Delete

Hi, thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you x