Tuesday 15 January 2013

Still ~ Kitchen



Yesterday C was struggling with her persistent cold and wanted to stay at home.  Not yet five years old, the school were very understanding about her not feeling her usual self.  C is not sleeping well, claiming that she is too lonely in room and sometimes gets scared.  So our bedtime routine is a little longer, bath, book, chat, cuddle up until she looks sleepy, then I say I have to go to the loo, put a wash on etc... then promise to check on her in ten minutes, 9 out of 10 times she is asleep.  It's not like her, so we will have to wait and see.  When the girls are home on a school day, the rule is no tv, no ipad, so it is truly a restful day.  I needed to show the mop to our kitchen floor, so three hours later I cleaned the room top to bottom.  C helped and now for a few hours our kitchen feels still and uncluttered again.  It is only a matter of hours before we are back to square one, but I am enjoying it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely to me. Hopefully your daughter will settle soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so far this week we have had one good night! (blurry eyed me) xxx

      Delete

Hi, thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you x